A Guide to Overcome Alcohol Addiction
Addiction is tricky because it can occur with anything. You can become addicted to alcohol, drugs, social media, video games, pornography, sugar, and anything else that makes you feel good. So how can you tell when alcohol consumption, for example, is a problem? When does feeling good cross over into addiction? The Addiction Specialists at Fitcy Health are here to help you navigate the tricky world of addiction and break your chains to external substances. Remember, they don’t control your happiness – you do.
How does addiction work?
What are the symptoms of Addiction?
Our Online Addiction Therapists can give you the tools and support you need to find freedom today. Still, wondering if you need addiction therapy? We understand! It can be hard to admit you’re addicted to a substance or activity. Fitcy Health online therapy is 100% judgment-free. Our job is to create a safe place for you to heal and grow. So, if you recognize one more of these addiction symptoms in yourself or a loved one, reach out. Help is available. Addiction recovery is possible.
- Cravings for the drug/alcohol/activity continue throughout the day
Unsustainable or reckless spending patterns; financial strains
- Addiction withdrawal symptoms- headache, anxiety, inability to sleep or oversleeping, muscle aches
- Changes in social patterns or groups
- Lying or being secretive
- Unable to feel happy or safe without a drug or alcohol high
- Mood changes
- Physical health problems such as cancer, heart disease, or skin disease
Can Addiction Be Treated? What are the steps to overcoming addiction?
- Address the root need or desire behind using drugs.
- Identify and build a support system.
- Connect to your passions, goals, and reasons for quitting drugs.
- Find healthy coping mechanisms or alternative behavior to drug use.
- Work through any co-morbid anxiety, depression, anger, trauma, or other mental health concerns that might come with substance abuse.
- Create a future plan that excites and motivates you.
Addiction is complex and chronic and not just about reliance on a substance. It is also about the interactions between biological factors, genetics, epigenetics and the environment. Therefore, complete treatment of it requires a trained professional. Fitcy Health Addiction therapists have years of experience helping people through addiction. They are excited to meet you and begin your journey of recovery today.
- Damage to major organs
- Damage to impulse control, future planning, and other thought processes
- Greater chances for relapses (returning to the addiction)
Other mental illnesses such as depression, anxiety, and trauma.
- Strained and broken relationships