Areas of Expertise:
Trauma and childhood wounds, Family therapy, Group therapy, Depression & Anxiety, Grief, Mental Health Counsellor, Children’s Therapy, Teen Counselling & Couple’s Therapy, Psychoncology, Counselling for Health Care Professionals Doctors, nurses etc), Neurofeedback.
Years of Experience:
English and Greek
I have been working as a medical doctor for 20 years , with a special interest in psycho-oncology, treating patients holistically with respect in their unique personality. However, my belief in the potential and beauty of people led me in 2013, while practicing Medicine, to obtain a degree in Mental Health Counselling. Three years of supervision follow as well as training in Neurofeedback applications.
But the road does not stop here. I become a trainee in Systemic Existential Psychotherapist at the Antistixi Institute, a certified training center for systemic psychotherapy training by the European Family Therapy Association (EFTA). I have participated in a personal psychotherapy group for four years, a training group in existential-systemic psychotherapy for four years and a genealogy group for three years.
I also participate as a speaker in scientific conferences where Counseling meets Medicine and I am constantly expanding my education in support of lifelong learning, as it is a capable but necessary condition that complements my conscious choice and, therefore, my love for the profession of Mental Health Counselor- Psychotherapist. During the pandemic of Covid-19 I coordinated a peer support group of nurses and doctors where subjects like bullying, burnout, moral injury, second victim syndrome, self-care, self-compassion and conflicts in workplace are discussed, uncomfortable feelings are expressed and hope is instilled. I am also a mother of two young men and a lover of music, reading, travelling, cooking, swimming all year long and meeting people in their good or bad times.
Counselling Psychologist and Mindfulness.
Educational Background & Certifications:
Graduate of the Medical School of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, 1990
• Obtaining a degree in Cytology, 1999
• Participation in a Genealogy team (2008-2011) therapeutic and educational Institute “Antistixi”
• Higher National Diploma (HND) in Counseling and Psychology (2013) Mediterranean College Athens
• Clinical Course in Neurofeedback / EEG-Biofeedback (2014) Athens
• Training in family therapy at the Antistixi Therapeutic and Educational Institute (2017-2019)
• Personal development: 2004-2008 Therapeutic and educational Institute “Antistixi” 130 hours per year.
• Supervised counseling exercise (Counseling and Psychotherapy Center “Psychilaton”) 2015-2017 and 2019-2020 “Antistixi”
What I’m excited to bring to Fitcy Health members:
- Book single session (1 session)
- Book monthly package (4 sessions)