Areas of Expertise:
Anxiety (mild to moderate), Depression (mild to moderate), Depression (severe), Postpartum depression, Suicidal Tendencies, Self-harm, Dealing with long term illnesses (i.e. cancer, etc), Couples counselling, Family counselling, Panic attacks, Sleeping better, Addictions, Trauma, Work-stress, Behavioral health, Crisis Intervention, Eating disorders, Phobias, Grief, Burnout, ADHD, OCD, Relationship Issues, Anger Management and PTSD.
Years of Experience:
English, and Arabic
Perla is a passionate clinical psychologist who uses evidenced based practices to help you overcome mental health issues. If you are looking for a person to connect and build a trusting relationship with, Perla makes it very safe and easy for you to speak out and share your mind. Perla has a license to practice, as well as many continuing education certificates to remain up to date on the latest psychological findings. On a more personal note, Perla loves animals (all kinds of them), and she has a great passion for horseback riding.
CBT Practitioner, EMDR Practitioner, Child Psychology (aged 0 – 12), Teen Counselling (aged 13 – 17), Clinical Psychologist, Counselling Psychologist and Mindfulness.
Educational Background & Certifications:
– Masters in Clinical Psychology from Haigazian University 2020
– Bachelors in Clinical Psychology from Notre Dame University 2017
– Embracing Suicidal Parts: Using Internal Family Systems to Heal Traumatic Wounds – PESI Australia 2022
– New Insights and Strategies: Crisis Safety Planning with Youth and Teens – PESI Australia 2022
– Schizophrenia – Wesleyan University 2022
– Treating Trauma Master Series – NICABM 2022
– EMDR – Psycho Trauma Center South-Netherlands 2021
– Addiction Treatment: Clinical Skills for Healthcare Providers /Yale University 2020
– Psychological First Aid – John Hopkins University 2020
– License to Practice from the Lebanese Ministry of Public Health 2021
– Telehealth for Mental Health Professionals: Distance Therapy Training – PESI Australia 2020
– Art Therapy – Red Pencil 2019
– Individual Support Tool Kit for Children with Disabilities / Assessment and Intervention techniques – Mercy Corps Jordan 2018
– Inclusive Education Principles – Mercy Corps Jordan 2018
– Active Listening, Suicide Risk Assessment, and Crisis Intervention – Embrace Fund AUBMC 2017
– Peaceful Conflict Resolution – MEPI 2017
– Psychosocial Support Certificate – IABC 2017
– Neuro – Linguistic Programming Diploma – International NLP Trainers Association 2016
– Drug Prevention through Youth Empowerment – Oum el Nour 2016
– Relational Needs – Notre Dame University 2015
What I’m excited to bring to Fitcy Health members:
I know what it feels like when life seems like an unbearable burden, and every new day brings with it the pain of merely surviving. Would you believe me if I told you that life CAN get a little bit easier and a little bit sweeter? Reach out for me to get a glimpse of what it feels like to be free of stress and mental health problems.
- Book single session (1 session)
- Book monthly package (4 sessions)